Thursday 6 October 2011

This week in conversation for the 11th of October, No articles!! :-)

I thought it would be interesting to discuss the iLife and iDeath of Steve Jobs. If you don't know much about him, Google him on your iPhone or iPad;-).

We will also be discussing some basic philosophical questions, which you can organize thoughts about before class. Here are the 'big' questions:


How can I, a mere physical being, have thoughts and emotions?


Who should get what?


By what moral authority does the state rule over me?


Why should I be true to my word?


How does science progress and can I trust it?


Should my sole goal in life be happiness, mine and that of others?


Should I be punished for things I did many decades ago?


If I want to live a happy retirement, should I pay into a pension fund?


Should I get what I deserve?


Could my entire life be a dream?


See you on Tuesday!!! Have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment